I’m creative. A simple adjective to describe a complex mind. A true passion for creating visual art in several formats from graphics, to photography, to video.
– Present (21 years 6 months)
My first website was created in January of 1994. Cyber Counselor was the vision of my father where people could go and submit a personal problem, issue, or just express themselves to a certified therapist for free. Follow-up interactions at a fee. The site was built from scratch using HTML and had the basics of a dynamic site. In time, the site generated revenue and had a regular stream of customers. Since then I have created more than 15 websites for various organizations, small businesses, and personal use.
Starting with Corel Draw, I made my first logo, which is still in use today, in 2003 for a small cycling company called Trade Up Bike. Working from a pencil sketch on a napkin, I used vector based illustration to create the logo. Since that first logo, I have created more than 10,000 graphics for print, branding, web, and concepts.
A true passion that I never knew I had until attending the Defense Information School during my military career. Weddings, Portraits, Product photography, Photojournalism, all are a passion. My award winning photography has been featured on Fox News, CNN, Navy.mil, AFN, and several exhibits around the country as well as hundreds of homes.
- (Open)2 recommendations
Student at Ventura College
James has a strong eye for design that shows through in the composition of his photography and bold yet simple graphic…View
Proposal Project Manager at WageWorks
It gives me great pleasure to be writing this letter of recommendation on behalf of James Stanley. I respect and admire…View
– (1 year 8 months)Oxnard, CA
– (1 year 6 months)
Design, Build, and publish www.usbikeco.com which included Main page, WordPress blog integration, Amazon.com Store integration, creation and maintenance of social media, and e-commerce solutions.
Created Store logo and brand definitions including logos, colors, in-store signage, and print and digital marketing pieces.
– (3 years 7 months)
Photojournalist for Combat Camera Pacific. Public Affairs Officer | Navy Operational Support Center North Island, and Staff Photographer.
The duties performed by MCs include:
Prepare and write news and feature articles for publication
Photograph events for publication and historic documentation
Operate and maintain a variety of state-of-the-art still and video cameras
Operate computer-based graphics software and desktop publishing systems
Create original visual information displays and graphics
Multi-media design and production
Design and manage public and secure websites
Layout and design military newspapers and magazines
Manage radio and television stations
Operate video and electronic imaging equipment
Operate digital electronic reproduction equipment
Edit video news, features, and documentation
Shoot still photographs and video for accident or incident investigations
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Web Designer / Photographer / Handler
In the planning stages of designing and building a completely new website that will assist in recruiting volunteers, acquiring donations, and promoting the adoption of rescue dogs. Photography will focused on individual portraits of the dogs, coverage of organization events, and short videos of each dog for publication on the new site. Handling and walking the dogs weekly.
Causes James R. cares about:
- Animal Welfare
- Arts and Culture
- Disaster and Humanitarian Relief
- Social Services
Honors & Awards
Navy & Marine Corp Achievement Medal
National Defense Medal
Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
Navy Good Conduct Medal
Naval Reserve Meritorious Service Medal
Navy Expert Pistol Marksman Medal
Navy Expert Rifle Marksmen Medal
- (Open)1 course
1. Journalism, Studies include fundamentals of news/feature writing and print journalism, including photojournalism, and newspaper layout and design.
2. Still Photography. Students are instructed in digital photographic techniques, and the documentary and photojournalistic applications.
3. Video Fundamentals, Training includes the components and operation of video camera equipment, non-linear audio and video editing systems, lighting fundamentals, scriptwriting and storytelling, and a knowledge of audio and video applications broadcast.
4. Multimedia course, provides students instruction in fundamentals and use of vector based graphic design software, multi-media authoring, web page design and animation software, and application of desktop publishing software.
5. Print Production,Training includes managing print workflow, prepare hard copy and digital documents for hard copy output, and to operate bindery equipment, digital duplicating equipment and digital production equipment.
Trained in Vocal Performance, alternate percussion performance, ear training, music theory, and music composition as per US Navy instruction.
EnglishNative or bilingual proficiency